Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My plans -- part three

I did it; a part of me is still in shock, but my hero, the intrepid reporter Nelly Bly would sneer to know that I mourn the loss of my feminine identity.

My hand brushes over my close cropped hair. I can now move with unaccustomed freedom in boy's clothing. It takes a few moments for me to recognize my reflected image in glass storefronts.

I can do this. I must get on that airship and a disguise is the best way.

Well, a disguise and not getting discovered, that is.

I will impress my editor, gain recognition and respect, and report to the world about the Golden Prim.

The voices in the library mentioned a meeting place and time so I made plans to get there before everyone arrived. Hiding behind shipping boxes, I found the right time to scurry aboard.

The captain of the airship is a female! Rather intimidating female. I must not be discovered. Below, in the hold, I hide behind more boxes and wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment